Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Musicomedy

People love analyzing and dissecting lyrics from their favorite musicians. With music I really enjoy, I do the same. Great lyrics make great music even better. People across generations have studied the lyrics of Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Morrissey, and Patti Smith (among others). In fact, a book of Bob Dylan’s lyrics will sell for upwards of 70 dollars.

So, I’d like to announce a more contemporary approach to lyric study. Critics constantly say today’s music lacks the originality, passion, and messages of musicians in the 60’s and 70’s. I say rubbish! (No really, I say rubbish a lot, people seem to enjoy it). Today’s musicians have just as much to say as those of yesteryear. I’m thrilled to announce the first in a five part series of books I will be putting out of the great lyrics of the new millennium. These books will be for sale on Snake Alley for 39.99 plus shipping and handling, but I think you’ll find the gems of wisdom within these pages will give you a joy that is priceless.
First up for sale, The Lyrics of Ke$ha. A hugely popular modern singer/songwriter, Ke$ha not only delivers a catchy hook, she conveys a poignant message in each of her songs that transcends her contemporaries.
Order this book now, and you’ll be treated to such memorable quotes as
“You were rollin in bitches. Yeah, I was rollin in my Lincoln. I was a shitty waitress.”
“I don’t really care where you live at, just turn around boy, let me hit that. Don’t be a little bitch with your chit chat, just show me where your dick’s at.”
“You wanna lift me off my feet, parakeet? You got the crazy cream o’ wheat, heatin up my seat.”
“Don’t want a boyfriend, just want to get some.”
“Tasers, lasers, alien invaders. Tell me I’m out of this world.”
“You can go to hell, girl. You better watch yourself. I’m feelin feisty alright. Friday night bitch fight.”
“See lots of snacks here, I need a meal. Oh baby feed me, I’m hungry from all this gyration. I’m losing patience, I’m feeling tipsy. I need to stop and sober up,”
And more!!!

Order now and be on the lookout for the next four lyric books, coming soon!
Snake Alley Song of the Day: Ke$ha - Blah Blah Blah

No comments:

Post a Comment