Sunday, February 19, 2012

Recreation. Leisure. Excellence.

I recently found out the program I received my degree in at Florida State will no longer be offered. The prestigious Recreation & Leisure program will see its last graduates this spring…quite sad. I learned so much from that program, including:

-How to properly funnel a beer
-How to budget by drinking heavily before going to bars
-How to stay organized (Keep a schedule of which parties to attend on certain nights, etc)
-The effects of a “gravity bong”
-When to rotate to get an even tan at the pool
-Proper arc on your beer pong shot

And much much more.

The Rec & Leisure program at FSU spawned many scholastic superstars and taught its graduates how to thrive at the next level. The curriculum taught me many things, not always academic, and not always valuable…but certainly ALWAYS fun. In memoriam of a legendary program and a few years of hazy, crazy fun, I present a pictorial remembrance, chronicling this program’s pursuit of academic excellence.

1. Study Group


2. Outdoor Pursuits


3. Nutrition and Proper Hydration






4. Cultural Studies




5. Environmental Conservation



6. Athletics




R.I.P. R&L
No one really knows - 2012

Your legacy will live on.

Snake Alley Song of the Day: Billy Joel - Only The Good Die Young


No comments:

Post a Comment